Wednesday 1 October 2008

BPBA Network Meeting to be held on the 17th October

As our economy like the rest of the western world struggles through the credit crunch, we all need to learn the power of local business meetings and networking. A very productive way in which we can all spread our business messages through the local community. Used powerfully all over the modern business world, networking plays a key role in any professional business plan. Meeting likeminded individuals and building a network of personal business colleagues is crucial to anyone wishing to succeed. Whether your business is large or small, everyone will at sometime need it, being part of a business network increases this dramatically.
For example, I have had many business owners come to me and insecurely say "Well, I don´t really think I will be able to sell my services at the meeting so I will give it a miss". The Business Network meetings are not the place to sell anything, and if you come with your order book, you may as well leave it in the car. The meetings are about Networking, and building your potential client list for the future. Selling yourself to a new audience who may not be in need of your product or service today, but may well be in the future. If you put a good face to your products and services, by selling yourself around the room, those people will go on and sell your ideas to others, promoting you and your products to their friends. You may not make a sale on the afternoon you arrive, but the right attitude and enthusiasm, will go on and generate sales in the close future. A general rule up for me, is to start by always passing my business cards, I always pass two to everyone I meet. This allows them to pass one on again and not lose my details. I always ensure I take a card from them, and write down a little note about the conversation I have had with the person who gave it to me. This way, when I return to my office, I can send some personal emails thanking them for their time, and talking with me, adding the personal touch with the use of my notes.
Selling yourself in this way creates a fantastic business aura about you, people like to do business with people they like, so the more people you get to like you in the network meetings, there more people who will do business with you in the future.
There is only one letter that is different between Networking and Not-working and that is the letter E, I believe this letter should stand for Enthusiasm, which is the first thing you should bring with you to a business Network meeting. This along with a pen and plenty of business cards could see you on your way to new sales and new business colleagues generating sales for you.
Business Pages Tenerife are now focusing on the local business community and building a Business Chamber. They hold the only Network meeting in the south, and every quarter the local business communities can meet and enjoy the benefits of Business Networking. The past meeting have been a great success, and 90% of the businesses who attended generated new sales. I personally know of one company who gained 4 new sales from the first meeting. These sales have turned into returning clients and now are valued customers to this company. This all began from a simple conversation and introduction at the meeting.
There are also business presentations held by local business owners, who are confident enough to stand before the room and give a brief talk about their products. These prove to be interesting with offers of incentives to the room. If you would like to present your company at the meetings then don´t hesitate to contact the team on 902 881 061.
The next meeting is set for the 17th October, and will be held at the Showtime Beirkeller, situated at the Adeje turn off, from the TF1 next to Karting Las Americas. They always start at 2pm and run until 4pm. You do not have to be a member of the directory to attend; it is open to all business owners and representatives. For any further details about the Business Chamber and the Networking opportunities it offers, you can contact Business Pages Tenerife on 902 881 061.
Business Pages Tenerife - helping to build a better future

No comments: